Thursday, September 8, 2011

We interrupt this program......

Who was it that used to start things with "Gentle Readers"?

I apologize for my unforgivably long absence. I do have a good reason, though. Well, not a good reason. Not long after I posted my last entry, I realized I wasn't feeling quite right. Some blood work resulted in a weeklong stay (practically!) in the hospital. And my life hasn't been quite the same since.

I've had to adjust to a new routine and make some significant lifestyle changes. Not easy for someone who loves comfort food and full-sugar Coke and Dr Pepper! That, coupled with triple-digit temperatures, resulted in a a roller-coaster ride of a summer.

Fortunately, the slab leak was the last major thing (knock on wood) that's happened this summer. It's probably a good thing, too, since I've been focused on building my strength back up and adjusting to the changes that will only be more constant.

The bad news? I've hardly had time to write. The good news? I've rewritten my book in my head! Now I just have to get it down on paper. Other writers are gearing up for this year's NANO -- I'm still focused on the result of last year's NANO!

Compared to my last submission, this post is probably pretty boring. The truth is -- my life is pretty boring. But that's OK.

Who am I reading?
Right now, I'm reading Krista Davis. I've read a couple of her books before, but I'm really enjoying this one more than the others (I'm sorry I don't remember the title -- it has a Halloween theme!)..... But the book is really good!

I've also downloaded Susan Lucci's "All My Life" and plan to read it next.

I recently finished reading "Sarah's Key."

I guess if I spent as much time writing as I did reading -- I'd have my book finished!

What gets you in the mood to write? How do you set the time aside to work on your writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment