Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Where, where, where?

Have I been writing?

Yes.

Is my novel finished?

No. I have been somewhat distracted by my second passion: dog rescue. Most of my "spare" time is spent neworking homeless dogs. And in the process, I added a third dog to my own brood. She's a beautiful American Staffordshire Terrier named Bianca, and she is the perfect addition to my canine family. Angel and Chip both adore her.

Although I am only involved in virtual animal rescue, I can tell you that it is painful to lose a dog -- even if the dog is one you haven't met before.

That's how I met Bianca. She was homeless and in the shelter near me. I fell in love with her, but didn't think I could have a third dog dog. In truth, she was adopted by a young man who then had to give her up. I could not bear for her to go to the shelter. So -- I brought her home to rehome her. Forget that. She stole my heart and is now part of the family.

The dogs are wonderful. They are always happy to see me when I get home at night -- even if I am running late!

But this has been only a momentary distraction. I am back to taking care of the book. My goal was to have it finished by year-end, and I still intend to do that.

And I still want Nathan Fillion to play the lead role. Not sure who should play the female lead. I guess I need to finish the book first.

No comments:

Post a Comment